more images on Flickr >>> Photos
about the >>> research process (archive)
30 blog entries about the whole research process were published between February and March 2014.
Credits for the video
Music: Notebook (piano52project, week 12) by Richard P. John, richardpjohn.com
- licensed under a Creative Commons Licence (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)
Titles: Miguel Carvalhais
i explored the behaviour of a 3D printer and its filament (developing my own software in the process) to create a new kind of sculpture, native to the medium.
1. surfaces can be continuous or chaotic
2. lines can be rigid or organic
3. filament can be closely controlled or let free to find its own form
1. "strings and blobs"
2. letting filament pile up on itself
3. under-constrained wall-building
4. natural collapse
series of sculptures are discovered by exploring the parameter space of a base model